We are Hiring!
We are currently looking for mixed methods and qualitative statisticians
We employ a diverse team of editors, statisticians, and methodologists, as well as an administrative team of consultants and project managers. We are always accepting applications for editors and statisticians. Please see details of the current employment opportunities below.
Thesis Editor Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Quantitative, Qualitative, and/or Mixed Methods Statisticians
We are looking for someone with either quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods analyses experience (SPSS, R, and/or NVivo/MaxQDA) and a strong methodological background. Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Operations, statisticians will provide statistical and consultation services to clients.
Statisticians/Methodologists Needed -- Part Time (Work from Home)
We are a consulting firm specialising in post-graduate-level research, writing, and statistical analysis. We are seeking statisticians to (a) assist our clients in processing and analysing their data, and/or (b) advise on doctoral-level write up of methods, results, or discussion, and/or (c) provide feedback on the efficacy of different types of methods, techniques, and analyses. Some tests commonly requested by our clients include:
- Paired t-test
- Chi-square test
- ANOVA/ MANOVA
- Linear Regression
- Thematic coding of transcripts, case studies, and focus groups
- PhD or equivalent advanced academic degree
- In lieu of advanced degree, significant working experience in statistics may be acceptable
- Demonstrated experience working with quantitative and/or qualitative analysis (SPSS, NVivo, R, or MaxQDA)
- Strong communication skills
- MS Office 2010 or newer
- Reliable Internet connection
- Access to at least one of the following statistical analysis software packages: SPSS, R, NVivo, MaxQDA
- Part-time, remote work, with flexible schedule options
- You would be hired as a contractor
After reviewing your CV, if you have the appropriate credentials we will send you a Confidentiality Agreement to sign prior to sending you any of our training materials.
After we receive your signed confidentiality agreement, we will send you additional documentation including a statistics assessment and the job description. The statistics assessment is an important step in this process as we need to know that you really know how to conduct analyses of the nature that is common for our clients and are adept at communicating the findings.
After reviewing your statistics assessment, if you do well on it, you will be welcome to join our team. At which point we will send you more materials describing how projects are assigned and get you your first paid project!
How to Apply
- Send CV
- Send a cover letter describing the statistical analysis software and methods in which you are (a) an expert and (b) with which you are somewhat familiar.
- Interested parties should send their CV and cover letter to our Director of Operations, Dr. Dawn Leach at email@example.com
Compensation: Compensation varies per project.