Bluebook Style Services
The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation—often referred to simply as The Bluebook—is an internationally used legal citation system. The majority of U.S. law schools and U.S. federal courts use The Bluebook; however, it is an intimidating style guide for both students and experienced members of the law profession as it is complex and frequently updated.
Bluebook formatting is complex. We have several editors with law backgrounds who specialize in Bluebook formatting who can help those who are less experienced with Bluebook formatting requirements.
Dr. Anna Malik
Operations Manager, U.S. site
Our Bluebook Style Formatting and Editing Services Include:
- Editing for proper structure and use of citations for cases, statutes, articles, reports, periodicals, constitutions, books, treatises, e- resources, and administrative, executive, and legislative materials
- Formatting for capitalization, abbreviations, acronyms, numerals, symbols, italicization, typeface, quotations, and official titles per Bluebook
- Proofreading for spelling, grammar, and punctuation per Bluebook
- Heavy editing for clarity, diction, flow, and scholarly tone
- Formatting or developing tables, figures, graphs, and charts per Bluebook
- Margins, fonts, pagination, and other typographical issues
- Constructive feedback and critical review of the strength of your argument and structure of your paper
Hiring a Bluebook Expert Will Save You Time and Energy
The Bluebook includes the introductory “Bluepages” that provide an overview of the guidelines for everyday citations, such as those used by law students and elementary legal professionals. The majority of The Bluebook, however, is written and presented in the style and level of complexity comparable to that of the law journal publication process. Our skilled and professionally trained specialists in Bluebook legal citation have decades of professional editing, formatting, and legal experience. If you would like to avoid the stress of learning or refreshing your familiarity with the frequently-changing Bluebook guidelines, our PhD-educated Bluebook specialists would be happy to help.
Comprehensive Editing Services
In addition to Bluebook formatting services, we also offer comprehensive editing services for theses and dissertations. From proofreading your document for objective errors to more comprehensive revisions, including feedback on your argument and structure, our editors will ensure your paper is well written and free from error.
Are you struggling with your thesis? Our PhD-educated consultants provide constructive feedback, critical review, and step-by-step guidance on aspects of our clients’ theses or dissertations. We offer comprehensive written consultations, as well one-on-one consultations over the phone, Skype, or in person. You can learn more about our consultation services here.